Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Seamless Male Dolls

I recently purchased a male Jiaou doll ("Black"). Here is my video review of the figure.

At the time I didn't have any extra heads that would be a good match. I purchased this Steph Curry head on eBay hoping that it would match either the Jiaou doll or the Phicen.

This head was a better match for the Phicen body, which meant that Bruce Lee had to give up his Phicen body. The Bruce head looks good on either body.

The Steph head is not a perfect match for the Phicen body, but it's close enough for me. The Jiaou doll body is slightly shorter and has a shorter neck, so Bruce is not entirely pleased with this arrangement. Perhaps I'll make an adjustment to Bruce's head at some point so that it will sit higher on the Jiaou doll neck.

Steph would have preferred a tall body, but he likes flexing the muscles of this seamless body. And he doesn't seem to mind hanging out in his underwear all the time. 

Bruce is going to make the best of this situation. After all, he is a great skin tone match for the Jiaou doll body. And he's just as muscular and almost as flexible.

Maybe these two can be friends. Even though Steph got the Phicen body with the completely stainless steel skeleton. Bruce's Jiaou doll body is part stainless steel and part plastic.

Ok, maybe they can't be friends. It's nice to know that Bruce can still deliver those kicks when he feels the need.

 That leaves Steph more time for posing and whatnot.

I am really pleased with how this figure has turned out. He looks and poses great.

Steph is settling right in, and has even found himself a pet. I got this tiger as a souvenir from the zoo when I visited last year.

Steph is having no problem making new friends.
 

The Jiaou doll came with some "extra" special body parts, as did the Phicen. I have uploaded some photos of the extras to my restricted Flickr album. DO NOT CLICK HERE if you are easily offended.

8 comments:

  1. LOL, Steph does seem to enjoy his "posing and whatnot." Great looking body with lots of muscle detail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Muff! I'm having fun posing him. I think I need to pick up at least one more of these seamless bodies. I know just the character that I want to create...

      Delete
  2. These bodies are both nice with great posability. Bruce is a good sport for swapping bodies with Steph.

    That's a nice head but I didn't recognize him as Steph Curry until I read that's who he is supposed to be. It's still a nice-looking guy.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! I don't think that he looks much like Steph Curry either, but he's cute. I was searching for action figure heads that might match these bodies, and I came across this one. Of course, it's always a risk to try to match heads to bodies just from photographs, but this time it worked out well.

      Delete
  3. What a man, what a man, what a mighty good man...Lol! He is super cute! I love both of the body flexibilities Posing him has to be so much fun!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Georgia Girl! I think I need one more of these seamless bodies. :) They are indeed a lot of fun to pose.

      Delete
  4. This is a really great looking body! And what a relief it must have been that it wasn't a female, what a mistake from the company lol! Great video :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MillicentAndFriends! Yes, I was quite relieved that I got what I had actually ordered. I hate going to the post office, so I would really have hated to have to return something that I didn't order.

      Delete