Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Martini Beach Monica

The newest doll in my collection is Martini Beach Monica, and she is truly a work of art.

She was created by artist Frantz Brent-Harris. This is a doll that I was truly excited to add to my collection.

Monica came with the outfit and shoes shown in this photo, a doll stand, a bikini, a choker necklace, and another pair of shoes. I was told by the artist that she can not stand on her own, but I just had to try it. She can stand in her shoes, but she really doesn't like to and threatened to fall down at any given moment. I will use her stand all of the time with her. She can share shoes with Monster High dolls.

Here she is showing off her gorgeous curves in her bikini. Her head and neck are attached by strong Earth magnets, so her head can be removed. This is to allow for interchangeability with heads. Hmmmmm, does this mean that there are more heads from this artist on the horizon? I can't wait to find out! Since her head is easily removed, I was able to get her necklace on easily. Her legs are also attached by magnets (to allow for interchangeability with legs that have flat feet).

Here is a closeup. Monica's hair is a wig that is permanently attached.

Here, Monica poses with other curvy dolls in my collection. They are from left to right: Lammily Photographer, American Teen Dominique, Mattel Madam LaVinia curvy Barbie, Monica, Big Beautiful Dolls Dasia, Singing Tracy Turnblad, and Gone With The Wind Mammy.

Here they are all dressed up.

My Booty Babe could not allow this gathering of curvy ladies to go on without her.

Monica has made many new friends here.

Overall, I am very impressed with this doll. I love the fact that this artist has depicted a facet of beauty that we do not often see in the doll world. Monica is a gorgeous doll. Of course, I would have liked to see some more articulation. Perhaps when Monica's flat footed legs come out, there will be some articulation at the knees (I can only hope). Monica is heavy and sturdy and high quality. She is a treasured doll in my collection.

Here is my video review of Monica.

23 comments:

  1. Wow! Congratulations! When I saw that Monica had a new home in a status update from Franz, I wondered who the lucky owner was. I am so happy it is you. I love everything about her; but as you indicated, more articulation would make her perfect! I'd like to see it at the elbows and knees (wrists, too, if possible).

    I like the magnet connection feature, which will make it easy to dress her and in the future exchange heads and legs when additional ones are made.

    Congrats again!

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The box and doll stand are also added pluses.

      dbg

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Debbie! Yes, I would really love to see more articulation with this fabulous doll. I do like the magnetic feature, although I will need some time to adjust to the magnetic legs.

      Delete
  2. I love, love, love your new Monica doll! She is gorgeous and has wonderful "assets"! That is awesome that you got the very first one! I look forward to seeing her more in your photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phyllis! I'm thrilled to have this curvaceous cutie!

      Delete
  3. Love her! She is beautiful from head to toe. She has stunning facial features, too. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's stunning! I was trying to google her but with no luck. Is she OOAK doll? Are dolls like her planned to be produced in more copies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi jewel snake! You can contact the artist Frantz Brent-Harris directly regarding ordering your own doll. Monica is brand new.

      Delete
    2. Thank you! Can I ask how much she cost? I don't want to make a fool of myself asking artist about her if she's not in my financial range.

      Delete
    3. You're welcome jewel snake! It's best to contact the artist directly. The price of the doll could vary based upon factors such as the features/options you choose.

      Delete
  5. Wow! She's stunning. Congratulations on getting her. Thanks for sharing your comparison photos so we can better gauge how she'd fit among the Barbies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, D7ana! You're welcome. She fits in quite nicely with the rest of my collection.

      Delete
  6. WOW, Love her! I thought she was Barbie but she is better! Would love to see and extensive fashion show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ms. Leo! I'll have to try some clothes and other Monster High (and maybe Fashion Royalty) shoes on her soon.

      Delete
  7. I really like her and would love to have one myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks AG Lanc! I hope that you're able to get one!

      Delete
  8. I think she has the most beautiful and realistic curvy body in your collection. And the best hair! Next to her Madame Lavinia looks super skinny. Too bad Mattel didn't go bolder with the curvy idea, I would have loved the curvy dolls to have bodies like Monica's. It's cool that she can wear MH shoes, you get a lot of variety in those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, BlackKitty! I really do love her figure and her hair. Madam LaVinia does look small next to Monica and some of the others. I do like the fact that Monica can wear Monster High shoes, and I'm wondering if she can wear Fashion Royalty shoes, also. I suspect that she can, but I haven't tried it yet.

      Delete
  9. Congratulations on getting her! She is lovely!! I love the curvy girls and big hair! So she will have to make her way to my house! Lol! Thanks for sharing. I had never heard/seen her before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Georgia Girl! She will make a lovely addition to your collection!

      Delete
  10. You can try googling the doll artist: Frantz Brent-Harris. I'm not sure whether or not he's creating more of these dolls. It looks like the link to his site from my original post no longer works.

    ReplyDelete