Saturday, November 2, 2013

Prettie Girls Lena

When I saw this post on DBG's Black Doll Collecting blog, I knew that I had to get Lena.  I ordered her immediately, and a few days later Lena arrived.

The back of her box includes basic information about her.

She comes with a nice doll stands.  I don't really have a use for doll stands though, so I will put that away.  I was really interested to see if she could stand on her own in her shoes.

Hooray!  Lena can stand on her own in the shoes that she comes with.  Her clothes and accessories look nice.  I love the fact that her silver jewelry actually looks silver, as opposed to gray.

Here is a close-up.  Lena is a very pretty doll.  There is some type of product in her hair that holds her side-swept bangs in place and that part of her hair feels stiff.  Her hair is well rooted.

Her clothes are nice and they fit her very well.  Here she is in her blouse without her jumper.

And here she is nude.  She has points of articulation at her elbows, knees, and chest.  Her torso articulation allows her to move very slightly from side to side, to rotate slightly, and to arch her back very slightly.  She has molded on panties.  Her head will move back and forth, but not up and down.  Her feet are arched, so she can not stand without assistance when her shoes are not on.  She has an attractive pear-shaped figure.  Her arms will not rest against her body - they arch outward as shown here.

Here she is sitting down.  She can not close her legs.  In this photo, she is wearing Flavas Kiyoni Brown's bra and Mixis Opal's panties.

Here are a few comparison photos with other fashion dolls.  Pictured below are from left to right:  Artsy Fashionista Barbie, Mixis Opal body with Monsieur Z Wild head, Lena, Jakks Pacific Lola, and a Kenya body with a Barbie head

Here are some comparison photos with some of my action figure ladies.  They are from left to right:  Hot Toys True Type Cuban American, action figure body similar to Takara with Opal head, Lena, BBI Perfect Body, and Triad Alpha African.


So let's talk about shoes and fashions.  Lena can share shoes with Mixis and Jakks Pacific dolls.  She can balance (quite precariously) in Jakks Pacific shoes, as seen below.  Mixis dolls can balance in her shoes.

She can balance very well in Mixis shoes, as seen below.

She looks good in a Mixis fashion, also.  Below, Lena is wearing Mixis Opal's dress and shoes.

Because Lena has a larger bottom compared to Mattel and some other fashion dolls, there may be an issue in finding fashions that fit her just right.  She is smaller on the top, so she shouldn't have an issue wearing most Barbie blouses, but pants and dresses may be another story.  Below, Lena wears a Barbie (Model Muse) top and some Barbie pants.  The pants stretch a little, which is why they fit Lena so well.  She is wearing Sashabella Paws' black boots and she is able to balance in them.  Lena can also wear Howleen Wolf's sneakers, but she can not balance in them.

Here she is wearing another Barbie fashion.  This dress stretches a little, so Lena wears it well.  She is wearing Super Model Bel's shoes and she can balance somewhat in them.

My overall impression is that this is a good quality doll that is well worth the money.  I love her features, her figure, her jewelry, and that her hair is well rooted.  I wish that she had better articulation, no molded on panties, and that her arms would rest against her body.

Lena will fit in quite nicely here, and she is making new friends already. 

My Lena Video

22 comments:

  1. Roxanne, your Lena review ROCKS! Sorry for the word play. Couldn't resist.

    Love how your review brings out different aspects of this attractive doll. That's why I am happy to read both your review and DBG;s review. Love how you have her wearing Mixis fashions and the Mixis bodies wearing her stuff. Who would have thought that they would be compatible? Okay, wondered if they would be, fashion-wise. Great though to have that confirmed.

    Thanks for sharing these details and for your multiple view photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dana! I would say that Mixis are fashion compatible with Lena on the bottom, but not on the top. The Mixis dolls will not be able to wear the fashion that Lena comes with. Lena is smaller than Mixis dolls on top. She is small enough to wear Model Muse Barbie blouses. It's great that they can share shoes, though, and I was happy that they could stand and balance in each other's shoes.

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed the great comparisons from several angles. Thanks for confirming Lena can wear Mixis fashions. I was positive she could, but it's nice to see. The Mixis sandals are not a very flattering fit. Their closed toe shoes will fit her better.

    I agree with your overall impression.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to add that it is good to know that Lena can balance and stand without the assistance of her doll stand. I think her larger/proportional-with-her-body feet help her do this.

      dbg

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Debbie! I agree with you about Lena's feet, but I must say that she balances much better than other dolls with similarly sized feet. She was able to balance in shoes with different sized heels. Some of the poses are not flattering, but she was able to balance. :)

      Delete
  3. She is such a pretty- pretty doll, have to find her. Another doll which will be hard to get in my country- but I see she is worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Major Mistakes! I ordered mine online at www.weareprettiegirls.com. I hope that you're able to get her Soon!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on getting your doll! I love her face and her curves. The one thing that was very clear in your pictures are her strange arm placement. I hope they decide to make separate clothes and shoes for this line. That would be awesome! The market is ready for some great fashion doll clothes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vanessa! Yes, I was a little disappointed with her arms. Lena has narrow shoulders, and it seems like her arms are made for a doll with wider shoulders. Her arms look okay in some poses. I'd like to see them make fashions for these dolls, also. Fashions that real people would actually wear.

      Delete
  5. She is really cute! I need place me an order for two of them. As for the fashions I'm hoping they will be available soon too. She looks good in what she was wearing too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brini! I'm thinking about ordering another one also when Kimani is released.

      Delete
  6. I put in my order after seeing your post! I wanted her after see BDE's post. I knew I wanted her now! I love her full body! Yeah, now let's have some clothes please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms. Leo, I really wish that they would allow each doll's fashions to be purchased separately. I would love to have Valencia's clothes and shoes, but I will not buy another doll just to have that. I look forward to seeing photos of your doll once she arrives!

      Delete
  7. I feel exactly as you do with the arms and panties. I do however really like her fuller lower body.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment The grandmommy. I like having diverse representations of sizes and shapes in my doll community, so I am very happy to have Lena.

      Delete
  8. She is a very pretty doll. It's a pity about the way her arms hang, they do look a bit odd in the facing front photos but she has very good posture (and no sway back like Fashionista Barbie.) I'm glad we can buy these dolls online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carrickters. I'm also glad that she's available online.

      Delete
  9. Feeling Lucky?... Santa is going to be selecting one winner of the new Prettie Girls LENA Doll on Christmas Eve. No purchase required, the only requirement is that you must "LIKE" our facebook page! Here's the link https://www.facebook.com/ThePrettieGirls .. just click and LIKE that page and you are entered. Its that easy! Good Luck everyone! Ho-Ho-Ho....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have entered the contest and I hope that I win! Good luck everyone!

      Delete
  10. Just FYI, your Lena review is on this page. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete