Sunday, November 10, 2013

Calista's Diary Entry - Kiss and Tell

Dear Diary,

Big Janet and Dylan are clearly a couple now.  Me and Kana and Briana Joy had been trying to ask her about what happened at the Halloween Carnival, but whenever we saw her at school she would say "Not here!  Not now!".  It seems like she's been too busy to hang out with us after school.  It seems like any time we see her outside of school now, she's hugging or holding hands with Dylan.  We were finally able to catch up with her today, though, and we hung out at my house.  Needless to say, we had a lot of questions!

Kana:  Ok, you'd better spill it.
Big Janet:  What?
Kana:  Let's start with what the heck happened at the Halloween Carnival, inside the haunted house, to be specific.
Briana Joy:  And don't hold anything back, either.  We want the details.
Big Janet:  Ok, the ride started and we went through a big set of double doors.  It was pitch black inside.  Then all of a sudden this bright spotlight came on and we saw a coffin, which opened and...
Me:  Did he kiss you?
Big Janet (blushing):  Yes.
Me, Kana, and Briana Joy:  Ooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
Big Janet (giggling):  I don't know why you're surprised!  We've kind of been flirting with each other for a while.  Remember the Valentine's Day party?  I almost kissed him back then!

Briana Joy:  But he's older!
Big Janet:  He's not that much older than me.
Kana:  Ok, finish telling the story!  I still want the details.
Big Janet told us that after her first big fright inside the Haunted House, she had screamed, and Dylan put his arm her and she moved over closer to him.  At one point, she closed her eyes and laid her head on his shoulder, not wanting to see what was coming next.  She could tell that he was moving his head closer to hers, and when she raised her head, he kissed her right on the lips.  Well, he missed at first, but then he kissed her and she kissed him back and they kept kissing for the rest of the ride.  After the carnival, Dylan had sent her a text message that said "So you're my girl, right?" and Big Janet texted him back saying "Yes."

Big Janet is the first one out of the four of us who has ever kissed a boy, so she had to deal with a lot of questions from us.  "Was it wet?"  "Was it gross?"  "How did it feel?" etc.  She answered all of our questions and gave us as many details as we wanted.

After the girls left, I stayed in my room for a while just thinking about things.  I can't believe that Big Janet is the first one out of our group of friends to have a boyfriend.  I'm not saying that in a mean way.  It's just that I always kind of thought that it would be me. 

10 comments:

  1. I am not sure if my comment posted but I will post again (from memory).

    Too cute! I love the animated kiss. Poor Calista... she will get an opportunity to have a boyfriend officially soon.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie! Yep, Calista just needs to be patient.

      Delete
  2. Ahhh the anguish of the teen years! LOL Save those kisses for someone special girls! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, The grandmommy. That's good advice and I hope that the girls listen.

      Delete
  3. Ah the details of young love, first kiss. Calista will have hers soon enough. Janet looks physically a little more mature than the other girls.

    Not to sound mean, but I like how they call her "Big Janet" because she is much bigger than the other girls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi D7ana! They call her "Big Janet" because there is another Janet in town - a younger and much smaller Janet. "Little Janet" has made an appearance in only 1 of Calista's diary entries. Click here to see "Little Janet" (with braids and wearing blue shorts).

      Delete
  4. What an adorable entry! I like seeing the girls gathered around discussing their impending hormone explosions and Calista lamenting that she wasn't the first to get a boyfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the trials and tribulations of being a young teenager. You captured it well. The anticipation of that first kiss. I'm sure Calsta and the other girls will be even more anxious about it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vanessa! I wish that I could convince these girls to just slow it down and enjoy being kids, but they are determined to grow up. :)

      Delete