Thursday, May 25, 2017

Dolls For My Birthday

Today is my birthday! I've been blessed with another year of life, and I am extremely grateful to be here!

While I'm here, I'm going to celebrate!

I'm going to enjoy all of the gifts that this life has to offer!

And I'm going to treat myself to stuff that I want!

Well, I want a lot of things, but I'll stay on topic here and limit this post to dolls. I've ordered several, hoping that some would arrive on my special day, and they did, so I've had a good time opening my gifts from me to me. Here are my recent arrivals.

A couple of new guys arrived nude - a Ken and an action figure guy. I'll probably attempt my first Ken head swap soon.

American Teen Anthoney has arrived. I already have two American Teen dolls (Benjamin and Dominique), but I wanted Anthoney for his locs. 

American Teen Tara has also arrived.

 I never noticed until recently (or at least I didn't remember) that Tara has a darker skin tone than Dominique. I didn't purchase Anthoney and Tara years ago when I purchased the others because they are so similar, but now I've decided that there is enough of a difference to warrant adding them to my collection. 
 Here, Benjamin and a redressed Dominique pose with the new arrivals. Anthoney and Tara will stay in their boxes for now.

Hasbro and Disney Moanas have arrived. The gift bag is from my husband (it contains non doll related gifts). He didn't know I was getting Moana dolls, and I didn't know about this Moana gift bag, so this was quite a coincidence.

American Girl mini Gabriela has arrived.

Gone With The Wind Prissy has arrived. She will be receiving a new body (one of these days).

Some fashions also arrived. Thank you Black Doll Enthusiast for letting me know that Teen Trends fashions would probably fit Dasia and friends.

Monica loves the outfit, necklace, purse, and drink. Moana loves the shoes. I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to ever find any shoes for Moana, so I was relieved to see these cute big shoes in this fashion pack. Moana is wearing a Curvy Barbie fashion below. I don't think that any of my dolls can wear the earrings,

I saw these cute dresses that come with necklaces and purses (all handmade) while searching for Teen Trends fashions on eBay. The seller was having a Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale, so that's what I did. Winx Club Layla (in the middle) only had one dress, so I decided that she needed a new one.


You'll be seeing all of the new doll arrivals again soon...

20 comments:

  1. Its always exciting to get new dolls and accessories. Luv the new arrivals and those outfits are too cute. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Just My Dolls! I must admit that I was giddy as a schoolgirl when the boxes arrived, even though I knew what I was getting. It was a fun day.

      Delete
  2. Wow... now this is what I call a birthday celebration, full of dolls and doll-related items (even if they are from you to you).

    I'm glad you found a Teen Trends fashion that works for Monica. The shoes look good on Moana. I might have to grab that fashion, too. Until now, I don't recall ever seeing it.

    I think I have purchased some fashions from the eBay seller. They were purchased for my 22 inch Basic Model doll by Tonner.

    I look forward to seeing what you do with Prissy. Her head sculpt is quite expressive (even if she doesn't look like Butterfly McQueen). I have seen her redressed and she becomes a very lovely lady outside the GWTW servant's clothes.

    Enjoy!

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! There is another Teen Trends fashion that is really cute that I'm tempted to buy, but I think that at this point, my larger ladies really have enough of a variety of things to wear. I do need to get Mammy something to wear, though. She has been hoping with each fashion that has arrived that something will fit her, but nothing has. Now, with the arrival of her friend Prissy and knowing that Prissy will be rebodied and have plenty of clothing options, Mammy is wishing for more fashions more than ever.

      I agree with you, I saw someone on FB who had rebodied Prissy on an articulated body and redressed her, and she was really a nice looking doll. I did not recognize the doll as Prissy at all.

      Delete
  3. Oh, looks like you had a happy birthday! What a nice haul. The best gifts are the ones we get ourselves because we know we are gonna like them! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phyllis! It was a really busy day, but I carved out a bit of time for dolly fun. I just had to!

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday. Great dolls for your birthday. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Male Doll World! I've been enjoying them so far, and I'm looking forward to more play time in the weeks ahead.

      Delete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday!! You really know how to celebrate!! Lol!! You spoiled yourself! Very nice gifts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Georgia Girl! I did spoil myself just a little. :)

      Delete
  6. Holy Birthday Haul, Batman! Now that's a celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday. Looks like you chose well and had a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carrickters! I'm enjoying all of the new stuff, a little bit at a time.

      Delete
  8. Wow, glad to see the cool dolls and accessories you got for your birthday! Glad to hear it was a happy one - you deserve happiness. I appreciate your tips on fashions for plus-sized dolls. I LOVE seeing Dasia, Monica, and Moana re-dressed. I have so gotta get that Barbie fashion, Moana, and some of those American Teen dolls. Your joy and your generosity sharing that joy made me happy, too. Wishing you many more happy birthday!

    P.S. Curious about the source of your American Teen dolls ... did you get then from Amazon? Snoopy D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, D7ana! I got the American Teen dolls from a seller on eBay.

      Delete