Thursday, May 18, 2017

More Fashions for the Larger Ladies

The two Dasias and Monica are feeling fancy in their new Friends 2B Made dresses.

The gold dress will not close in the back for Dasia or Monica. The pink and the red dresses fit great (although the red dress is really long). The pink dress also fits Tracy Turnblad.

They also got a new pair of pink panties. Dasia got a couple of new pairs of white shoes that she can stand in (they are NOT Friends 2B shoes). I will paint one of the pairs of shoes a different color (eventually).

Here's a closer look at Dasia's shoes.

 Here are 3 more Friends 2B Made fashions. Dasia, Monica, and Tracy can all fit all 3 fashions. The white tee shirt that Tracy wears is from Ken.

Most of the Friend 2B Made fashions have a tag on the outside, which I find annoying.

Here is Dasia styling in the denim and pink ruffled ensemble. 


This ensemble also came with a pair of pants that can be worn instead of the skirt. Unfortunately, none of these dolls can wear the pants because they are too long and too narrow. Below, Kevin Durant models the pants just so that you can see what they look like (sorry Kevin).

I saw an indicator that folks who looked at Friends 2B clothes also looked at Groovy Girls clothes, so I decided to purchase one of those outfits, as well.

Dasia can wear the blouse, but I can not pull the pants up on her legs.

I can pull the pants up on Monica's legs, but not her hips. Monica does not approve of this outfit at all.

I'm glad that there are more fashion options out there for these ladies. Now, to get rid of those tags...

22 comments:

  1. This is wonderful to know! I've never heard of Friends 2B Made, but your post inspired me to look for some shoes on eBay. My new Dasia 18th anniversary doll arrived this week - I love her!!! But her shoe choices are currently very limited. Do all the shoes fit her or just some of them? I've found several lots of shoes, but I'm not sure if they will fit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy! The Friends 2B Made shoes will NOT fit Dasia. Here is a link to an auction for the ebay seller where I got the Dasia shoes that I talked about above: link.

      Delete
  2. I wouldn't think that denim and ruffle pink would look good, but it does!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy Turnblad is going to keep the denim and pink ruffle outfit. :)

      Delete
  3. These are some nice redresses.

    I have the same Groovy Girls fashion that I purchased for my 14-inch American BJD by Paulette Goodreau. Some of their other knit fashions might work for your curvy girls as well. My 14-inch BJD can also wear some Teen Trendz fashions. I wonder if Teen Trendz stretch fashions would work for your girls.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! I did not know about the Teen Trends fashions. I have now ordered an outfit, which comes with cute accessories. If they can't wear the clothes, at least some of my dolls will be able to benefit from the accessories. :) Thanks so much for the info!

      Delete
  4. I have never heard of the Friends 2B Made line, but I do have some Groovy Girls clothes and some of them work for the Lammily dolls too. I like how Tracy Turnblat looks in the denim and pink outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phyllis! I'll have to try the Groovy Girls outfit on Lammily and see if she can wear it better. I do like that denim and pink outfit on Tracy Turnblad - it matches her pink accessories.

      Delete
  5. I recently found some shoes that fit Tracy Turnblad completely by accident at mimiwoo.com. They are meant for Pullip dolls but they fit her perfectly so at the moment she is rocking some blue shoes that look great. http://www.mimiwoo.com/doll_shoes/lys002ble-16cm-lati-yellow-basic-doll-cross-strap-shoes-blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It now says on the website that they are too large for Pullip - but they do fit Tracy. :-)

      Delete
    2. Cool! Thanks for this information, Wendy!

      Delete
  6. The girls look great in their new outfits but Kevin does not look very impressed. Is he wearing his own shoes or did you put him in high heels as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Kevin drew the line at wearing heels. He's wearing his own sneakers in the photo.

      Delete
  7. My Dasia needs shoes. Thanks for the info. It is hit or miss when you have custom dolls. I think these look great! Maybe she will take the paints back to the drawing board and make them shorter and wider for our ladies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome The grandmommy, and thanks! I would like for the ladies to have some jeans to wear on those casual days.

      Delete
  8. Nice redresses!! The denim and pink is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Georgia Girl! I like the denim and pink outfit more than I thought that I would.

      Delete
  9. LOL @ "Monica does not approve of this outfit at all." Her expression reminds me of the phrase, "if looks could kill ..." She looks great in that red gown though.

    The denim and pink outfit has a youthful look. Good for Tracy because of the style and the colors that match her complexion.

    Thanks for sharing these doll fashion tips. I'll check them for my rounder figures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks D7ana! Monica wants the red dress all to herself, but Dasia likes it too. Yep, that denim and pink outfit is all Tracy's.

      Delete
  10. Hello I am very interested in hearing more about Monica please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi FionaForeverFamily, here is the link to my original post about Martini Beach Monica.

      Delete