Sunday, June 5, 2016

That's The Time I Feel Like Swapping Heads

I had been wanting my Brandy doll to have an articulated body for a while, but none of my articulated dolls seemed to be quite the right color for a match. But then I saw this post from Muff, and I saw that the Artsy Fashionista Barbie's body would be a good match. And I figured I'd swap Dance ‘N Flex Christie's head also just for the heck of it.

From left to right, here are Dance ‘N Flex Christie, Brandy (I don't know which version), and Artsy Fashionista Barbie (the first wave).

I wanted Brandy to have an articulated body because her face is unique in the Barbie world. I have other versions of dolls with the other two heads. I have a bunch of dolls using the Asha sculpt and another doll (Nikki) that uses the Desiree/Adria sculpt that is articulated. She's still in her package for now.


Nothing too unusual with the removal of the heads. The Dance ‘N Flex Christie doll had a little piece of paper in her head. Hmmmmm, could this be the code to unlock some great Barbie mystery? I don't know, so I put the piece of paper safely back into her head for now. I've made a mental note not to wash or boil perm her hair.

So here are the results. The Dance 'N Flex Christie head is not at all thrilled to be on the non-articulated body. The Artsy Fashionista head is having fun with her new bendy body. And Brandy is thrilled to finally have the articulated body that she's yearned for. She's singing, she's dancing, she's performing like never before!

11 comments:

  1. Poor Christie! In that last photo she's like, "Look at these bendy heifers throwing their range of motion in my face."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Muff! Christie will adjust. And who knows, she may fare better once the next swap comes along.

      Delete
  2. It is a little like playing the Shell game, isn't it? Instead of putting a ball under a cup, you put the articulated body under the cup and give each doll a shot at finding it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see that, Phyllis. I was deliberate about wanting Brandy to have an articulated body, but with the other 2 I guess I just wanted something different.

      Delete
  3. I bought my daughter a Brandy doll when she was three, she is now twenty-three and still has it. I collect black dolls too--it's a 'lack of black dolls when I was a kid' thing. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, Robin. I had only a few Black dolls growing up. I have plenty now. :) Your daughter must've taken really good care of her doll. I don't have any of my dolls from childhood.

      Delete
  4. It's always nice to accomplish a goal, especially when it's something you're doing for fun. That Dance 'N Flex body is nice. I'm sure Brandy is happy to now have moves.

    Poor Christie.


    dbg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! Yep, Brandy is extremely happy! Christie - not so much.

      Delete
  5. If Mattel would just sell bodies, they could make soo much money! Brandy looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ms. Leo! Mattel would definitely make money off of me, because there are so many dolls that I would rebody. They make money off of me anyway though, because I end up doing these head swaps!

      Delete