Monday, June 13, 2016

Evidence

Today my husband and I were in the car together after I got off from work, and he asked about my Venus Williams doll. I left Venus on my bookshelf above my desk yesterday after shooting some photos (I'm way behind on my blogging, but the Venus photos are coming soon, along with others). I told my husband that I was surprised that he recognized Venus. He said "What? I watch ESPN!" I told him that the doll represents Venus in 2000 when she was only about 20 years old, and I told him that I was impressed that he recognized her. He said that she was fairly easy to recognize, since she had on her tennis outfit.

When we finally made it home, I noticed that my dolls that I'd left out had been re-positioned. The way that I left them, Venus was sitting alone, and Buckwheat was standing by Addy. So check out the photograph below for evidence of my husband's doll play (a rarity indeed). Venus is now holding Buckwheat on her lap, and she has her arm around Addy. When I saw this, I couldn't help but to say "Awwwwwwwwww!"

20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. He said that he calls this pose "Embracing the Past." :)

      Delete
  2. So sweet! This will be another "Awwwwwwww!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phyllis! This was a nice display to come home to. :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I thought so too, jSarie! They are still in the same pose. :)

      Delete
  4. I told you it is a disease and very very contagious! LOL Sweet hubby you have there to respect and acknowledge your collection and hobby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, The grandmommy, it's very contagious! :)

      Delete
  5. Very nice he appreciates your dolls

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, thank goodness he admitted to doing it. I live alone, so when my dolls move around it's extra creepy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muff, had he not admitted to it, I would've just had to shake my head at him. :)

      Delete
  7. Awwww, that is too cute! Very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sweet. Playing with dolls really is contagious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially when the dolls have articulation and are so much fun to pose. How can one resist? :)

      Delete