Monday, August 7, 2017

Fresh Dolls Lynette

Fresh Dolls is a new line of multicultural dolls that is part of the Positively Perfect doll family. These dolls are for sale at Target and Walmart. I purchased mine from Target.com and had it delivered to my local store.

Several of the dolls caught my eye. I decided to purchase Lynette.

Here is my video review of Lynette.


Here's a look at the back of the box.

Lynette is a very cute doll. There are a couple of quality control issues with mine. There are marks underneath her right eye, and the center front of her blouse is not sewn correctly. I was planning on redressing her anyway because I'm not crazy about this outfit. Other than that, I'm very pleased with her. She has on earrings, a short floral top, skirt, and blue shoes. With a little effort, Lynette can stand unassisted in her shoes. Her head will move side to side, but not up and down. Lynette's head is a little on the large side, but not to the point of distraction.

Lynette has on molded panties. She has articulation at her elbows and knees. She is curvier than a standard size Barbie doll, but not as curvy as a curvy Barbie. Her feet are the same size as a standard Barbie.

Here she is compared to a belly button Barbie doll. Lynette has a shorter neck, and she is thicker at the arms, waist, legs, and butt.

Here she is compared to a curvy Barbie. Lynette is not as thick at the arms and legs. The waist and butt are debatable. She is not as wide at the hips.

Here she is compared to a Fashion Madness Kenya body (with a Barbie head). Lynette's neck is shorter than Kenya's. Lynette is thicker at the arms, torso, legs, and butt.

I took Lynette's hair down so that I could check out her rooting. Lynette's hair is thick and curly and appears to be well rooted. It is not very soft.

I did not get Lynette's hair back exactly the way that it was before. I'll have to work on that. Here she is in a seated position. She can cross her legs at the ankles.

She's already making new friends. 

Overall, I am pleased with this doll and with this line of dolls. I'm happy that these dolls represent multicultural beauty and that there are different skin tones, hairstyles, and fashions available. These dolls are very reasonably priced. I am thrilled that these dolls have articulation! I think that children and adult collectors alike will love these. I love the fact that these dolls are curvier than a standard Barbie doll. My doll is able to pose well and she can hold her poses. Her joints are not too stiff and not too loose. I do wish that the same face mold was not used for all of the dolls in this line. I will probably buy more of these and swap heads. I'm looking forward to seeing more from this line of dolls!

28 comments:

  1. Thank you for this very thorough review, Roxanne. I know it will be helpful for others who either did not know about the dolls or have been on the shelf about adding them to their collections. I love them!

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw these at Target the other day, but some of the quality control issues did worry me. I'm glad that they otherwise seem to be well made! Thank you very much for this review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erin! Did you notice quality issues with very many of the ones that you saw on display?

      Delete
  3. Congrats on finding this new line. Lynette looks lovely. Good to know Target has them online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks D7ana! It was convenient for me to order online and then have it shipped to the store.

      Delete
  4. Great review! I have not seen these in my stores yet. Can't wait to see them up close and personal. That is quite a generous booty they have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Muff! I haven't seen these in stores yet, either. And yes, the rear is quite ample.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the review. I have to make a doll trip to get a few.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Male Doll World! I hope that you're able to get some of these dolls soon!

      Delete
  6. These are not in my Target store, but I did see them on line and I ordered a couple of them using a Target gift card I had received and my 5% discount from my Target Debit card. Mine haven't arrived yet, but their bodies look a bit to me like the Prettie Girls bodies. I will have to compare them when my dolls arrive. Very nice review! I am also happy to see another line of dolls that represent some cultural diversity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phyllis! I'll be looking forward to your comparison.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the review! I like Lynette and I'm happy to see her articulation. I just wish that we had the diversity of dolls in the UK that you have in the USA. Of course, we are not as diverse a nation, but that doesn't mean that children of all ethnicities don't live here. And in places like London, the UK is just as diverse. Of course, as a doll collector, I love diversity in skin tone, hair style, and body size. I've been trying to find a perfect match on an articulated body for Fashionista 59 and Lynette looks like a possibility. I've ordered an Alvin Ailey doll on eBay - I'm crossing fingers that she'll work but if not, it will be interesting to see what you do with this new line of dolls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Wendy! I hope that the Alvin Ailey body works out for you. I'm waiting to see what head swaps others will do with these dolls. For Lynette, there are some Barbies that would be a good match (like the Milan Barbie pictured above). I'll probably get at least 1 more a do some type of swap.

      Delete
  8. Nice review!! Thanks! I purchased the ones available from Target. I have only deboxed Mia (the one with big curls). I agree that the hair is nice, but not soft. I am very excited that another collection of fashion dolls are on the horizon! I plan to support her 100%.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Georgia Girl! I'm seeing more and more collectors getting these dolls, and it's so exciting to see! I'm seeing fashion packs and everything! Seems like this will be a fun new collection of diverse dolls.

      Delete
  9. Lynette is the one doll from this line I love! There's something about her that exudes confidence and I like it! I swore I would not continue to buy dolls, but she is calling me. Thank you for the review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments Jaye Frye! Lynette appealed to me more than all of the others, but I also really like the one with the micro braids, and may also get that one as well.

      Delete
  10. The body reminds me of Prettie Girls. I was on the fence about these for quality reasons, but in all fairness not everyone starting out will be Mattel so it's a good first round. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Valsays! In all fairness, even Mattel has quality issues sometimes. I would buy another one of these, but I would want to purchase mine in a store where I could see the doll that I was purchasing.

      Delete
  11. When I saw her I had to have her and knew I was Re-Rooting her and Re-Dressing her Shes still boxed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Out of all of the Fresh Dolls that were released at the time, this is the one that I wanted the most. I still haven't redressed her yet, but plan to one of these days.

      Delete
    2. I missed out on the Fresh Gang preorder I need those menz!

      Delete
    3. I did not pre-order the male dolls. I want to see the finished dolls first, and make a decision between the 3. I hope that I'm able to get one once they are finally released.

      Delete
    4. https://www.instagram.com/p/BmJcFIGlsRm/?taken-by=the_fresh_dolls

      Delete
    5. Thank you Lady Elaine Fairchilde! I'm going to be needing the bald guy. :)

      Delete
    6. I dun messed around and bought all three

      Delete