Sunday, September 25, 2016

Jem and the Holograms Anthony Julian

A few months ago, I purchased Anthony Julian, who is the director of Jem's video clips in the Jem and the Holograms line of dolls from Integrity Toys. Here's a view of the box.

I did not waste any time in removing this one from the box, and I was pleased with what I saw.

The doll comes with the a watch, an extra set of hands, a cardboard clapboard, and a megaphone. He also comes with a stand.

So here he is out of the box, and with his shoes on. He is fully articulated, and he can stand on his own. He is well dressed (in an 80's sort of way) and he is handsome.

Here is a close-up view. His hair is flocked on the sides and rooted at the top.

He comes wearing a blue jacket, a gray V-neck sweater, a pink turtleneck, and plaid pants. In the photo below, I have removed his jacket.

And here is a view from the back, without his sweater.

At 13" tall, he is taller than Ken. He is the same height as my other guys from Integrity Toys. Pictured below are Anthony Julian, Darius Reid, Tobias Alsford, and Back to Brooklyn Remi.

My tall Integrity Toys ladies are thrilled to have another tall guy. Below, the guys are joined by Nadja, Adele Makeda, and Janay.

And here he is relaxing with his new friends. He poses well.

Overall, I'm very pleased with this doll. He is a high quality fully articulated doll. His clothing and accessories are also high quality (with the exception of his clapboard - I think it looks rather cheap). He makes a wonderful addition to my collection.

22 comments:

  1. Oh, he is a cutie! I don't care for that shade of pink, but otherwise he has nice fashions. Congrats on getting him ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks D7ana! I thought about giving his pink turtleneck to one of my action figure ladies, but I'm going to let Anthony Julian keep it. :)

      Delete
  2. Yes, he is a winner, isn't he? I would bet that any of your ladies would be happy you added him to your collection, tall or otherwise! I also was unable to resist his manly charms and gave in to the "suggestion" from the peanut gallery to bring him into Hanaly Corners!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phyllis! Yes, the other ladies in my collection are very excited to have him here as well, but they will have to contend with my tall ladies in order to get to him. :) My tall ladies think that my shorter ladies should stick with GI Joe and my other shorter guys.

      Delete
  3. He is handsome fellow isn't he. I'm still hoping he will relocate to Dotsville soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brini! I hope that you're able to bring him to Dotsville soon!

      Delete
  4. He is very handsome. I had forgotten that I purchased him. Lol! I love the taller guys especially when paired up with the FR chicks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Georgia Girl! I hadn't forgotten about him, he's just been getting very little attention from me lately. Hopefully the FR ladies are keeping him occupied.

      Delete
  5. I like him too. It looks like there was a lot of thought into creating him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment The grandmommy! I think he's cute. :)

      Delete
  6. He's got a serious 80's mustache! I love it! very billy dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a little reminiscent of Billy Dee, now that you mention it!

      Delete
  7. I'm really trying to get him for my Adele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is he hard to find now? My Anthony Julian is currently single, but he has dated a few of the Fashion Royalty ladies. My Adele is with Darius Reid.

      Delete
    2. Got him yesterday. Very pleased! But that hair needs to be updated. I have older brothers named Julian and Anthony lol

      Delete
    3. I'm glad that you were able to get him! I was a little disappointed with my doll's hair, but he sort of has a retro 80's vibe with it, so I will not alter his hair (for now).

      Delete
    4. I have so many Homme dolls now!! OMG Its all your fault Thank you lol I have Remi and Darius too now!!

      Delete
    5. That's great! I'm happy for you for your latest arrivals, and I'm glad that you're enjoying your collection!

      Delete