Saturday, September 12, 2009

Calista's Diary Entry - The Dinner

8/23
Dear Diary,

Today Mr. and Mrs. Scout invited my family over for dinner. They said that they wanted to get to know us better since we are new in town. I appreciate them being so neighborly. When we got there, the food smelled soooooo good and I was excited when I saw the table setting. Then they served McDonalds to the kids.... WHAT?!!! THEY get to eat a 3-course meal served on the good dishes and WE get burgers and fries? Not fair! I'm too old for Happy Meals anyway. But then, Bob gave me the toy from his Happy Meal. Now I truly know why they call them "Happy" meals. **grinning** I hope that the Scouts invite us back over for dinner soon.

2 comments:

  1. I love the setting, but I'd probably have enjoyed the informal burgers more ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I wouldn't mind having a Happy Meal right about now, especially if there's a miniature doll as the toy!

      Delete